When trying to edit or save a PDF, you get the error "A number is out of range"
The “A number is out of range” error occurs when Acrobat finds some problem with the underlying structure of the PDF file. The best solution is to get a new PDF from the owner. If you can't get one, follow the steps below to resolve the problem.
If you are unable to get another working version, then you can fix the issue by saving the file as a postscript file and then converting it back to a PDF.
- Open the PDF in Acrobat.
- Choose File --> Export To --> PostScript
- In the Save As PDF dialog box, enter a different name for the file, and then click Save
- Go to the folder where you saved the PostScript file
- Right-click the file and choose Open with Adobe Acrobat Distiller
- Acrobat might ask if you want to convert it, click Yes
- Acrobat Distiller converts the PostScript file into a PDF file. The PDF file is saved in the same folder
Open the PDF file in Acrobat and you should now be able to delete, insert, or add a page in the PDF