If you have a number in your username, then your email address will be email@example.com
This is the e-mail address that students, faculty, associate faculty and other staff at Royal Roads will use to correspond with you. It will be listed by your name in our Global Address list.
There is also an additional email on our system for you that will be your personal email address. You can update your personal email address associated with your account here (used for password resets). Please also manually update the email address on CAMP (or in the case of Associate Faculty, please notify your Program Office of the change).
What do I need to know about email?
- All accounts are created with Outlook Online Archiving
- You will have unlimited email quota
- When student accounts are created, email forwarding to their personal (ZZ) accounts is enabled. When Faculty and Associate Faculty accounts are created, forwarding is NOT enabled by default.
- When contacting students please always use their Royal Roads email address and not their personal (ZZ) email address. This ensures that the student controls where their email is sent.
- If you need access to another mailbox, please see this page
- We use Microsoft Outlook connected to a Microsoft Server.
- Known issue with Outlook
How can I access my RRU email?
- MS Outlook on RRU Computer - Every computer on campus comes with this software pre-installed. When you start it for the first time, it should automatically configure itself. with limited assistance (just hit "next" each time).
- Webmail - This site gives you access your inbox and your Online Archive Folders. (Login using your RRU Username/password)
- Sentinel - This will give you access to a computer desktop as if you were on campus. This will include a version of Outlook that will automatically configure on first use.
- Mobile device
Can I access my RRU email on my personal mobile device?
- Yes, you may configure a mobile device to access your email however you will be subject to the Smartphone/tablet security policy
Can I access my RRU email using Outlook, Mac Mail or other application on my home computer?
- Unfortunately we no longer allow anyone to configure Outlook or other mail applications to access their RRU email on a non-RRU computer. The issue is security related. If you have done so in the past, we have not disabled the service, we are just not allowing new installations.
Information regarding your Auto-signature
As of July 16, 2020, all new emails sent from RRU will have the following text appended to their auto-signature:
Royal Roads is located on the traditional lands of the Xwsepsum and Lekwungen ancestors and families.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and attachments may contain personal or confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient and you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and attachments.
These lines are not visible in sent items, the statements will be appended to outgoing email at the server level, for all staff/faculty/associate faculty (on the @RRU-Community and @RRU-Associate-Faculty dist lists).
Statements will not be appended to replies, forwards, service-related mails (i.e. Moodle) or on generic/shared mailboxes.