This guide is currently focused on embedding youtube videos. More information will be added later.
Before publishing: Always make sure videos are embedded using HTTPS, not HTTP. To edit embedded media in the wysiwyg, click the box that represents the embedded media, then click the "Insert/Edit embedded media" button as illustrated in step 4.
Adding embedded content to a post
- Navigate to the youtube video at https://www.youtube.com and find your video
- Click the "Share" button
- Select the "Embed" tab and copy the embed URL (see the selected portion of the image below.)
- Please ensure that this URL starts with HTTPS (with the S at the end,) not just HTTP.
- Back in the content creation page in Drupal click the "Insert/Edit embedded media" button
- Enter the following information
- Type: Iframe
- File/URL: Paste the URL you copied in step 3
Follow the same steps as above while taking note of the following points:
- For step 2, locate the vimeo video, and there should be a share button in a similar location as for youtube
- For step 3, the embed url is contained in the highlighted section shown below. Note that vimeo will force you to select the entire code, so you will need to paste it elsewhere and then copy the URL in the "src" attribute of the <iframe> tag, in this case it reads "https://player.vimeo.com/video/1084537"