Using TrueCrypt in a Cloud Drive
- Sign up for a Dropbox / Google Drive / Skydrive account & install client
- Download and install TrueCrypt (opensource, works on all platforms)
- Run the TrueCrypt Volume Creation Wizard to create a new virtual encrypted disk within a file (default option) – follow the tutorial here making sure to save the virtual disk file in your Dropbox/Google Drive/Skydrive folder.
*** When selecting the volume size, be sure to keep it less than 20mb depending on your internet connection speed as this will have to be updated each time you unmount (disconnect) the disk.
- Go into TrueCrypt Settings > Preferences… and remove the check beside “Preserve modification timestamp of containers”
- Place your secret files within the virtual disk and mount/unmount as needed.