Unable to log into EzProxy
Please note that only active student, staff, faculty or associate faculty can access library resources which include EzProxy.
Student and Associate Faculty info
Please remember that EzProxy uses your Academic or Computer Account. (The same one you use to log into Moodle/MyRRU/RRU Computers)
If you are an active student, staff, faculty or associate faculty, and you are not able to log into the EzProxy service, please contact Computer Services by phone, email or Online Request Form to confirm that you are a member of the right group by:
- Student: I cannot access EzProxy. Can you ensure that I am a member of the @RRU-Students-DL group?
- Associate Facutly: I cannot access EzProxy. Can you ensure that I am a member of the @RRU-Associate-Faculty-Library-Access group?
- Faculty: I cannot access EzProxy. Can you ensure that I am a member of the rru.faculty.generic group?
- Staff: I cannot access EzProxy. Can you ensure that I am a member of the rru.staff group?
(Note to Computer Services: EzProxy does not support nested groups)
"Your connection is not private" warning
When searching through Google Scholar at Royal Roads University, you can get the following error:
While the warning message is very alarming, please be assured that it’s a known issue that will be rectified soon. Google Scholar does not like the type of (authentication) certificate we have and is warning you that something doesn’t seem quite right
As this is a known issue and there is no danger, please continue to your search results:
- Click on Advanced
- Click on Proceed to scholar.google.com.ezproxy.royalroads.ca (unsafe)
- Your results will be displayed
Issues with Kapersky firewall
At least one student reported that access to Ezproxy was restored when they disabled Kapersky firewall.