- If a student voluntarily withdraws or is required to withdraw, a grade of ‘VW’ or ‘RW’ is entered in Agresso by the registrar’s office.
- The grade in Agresso is the official grade and will not be overwritten by a grade from Moodle
Prior to course end date
- If the withdrawal is entered prior to the course end date, the student will be automatically un-enrolled from the course.
- No grading in Moodle is required as the student will not exist in the course in Moodle.
After course end date
- If you are finalizing grades and notice that a student you know has withdrawn is showing in your gradebook, in order to submit grades for the course, you will need to enter an ‘INC’ for this student.
- Be sure to contact the registrar to confirm they know the student has withdrawn.
Extension Granted (EG)
- A student may be granted an extension in any course for a variety of reasons. See the policy on student status.
- Students requiring an extension in a dissertation, thesis, final project or research paper may apply to the dean (or designate) for an extension. See the Policy on requesting an extension for a thesis, project, research paper or dissertation.
- Once an extension has been approved, it must be submitted directly to the Registrar’s office along with a deadline for the extension.
- The grade for the student will be entered into Agresso as ‘EG’ until a final grade is provided.
- An ‘INC’ should be entered into the corresponding Moodle course gradebook for these students.
- When the student completes their extension, they may require a further extension. Follow the same process to request a further extension.
- No further grading can be done in Moodle since an extension requires payment.
- When the student completes their extension, email the final grade to the Registrar’s office.