I have sent out a message that I would like to recall. How can I do this?
Only works with internal messags
Please note that the recall message only works with internal messages. The "Recall" will not work for emails sent to non-Royal Roads email addresses nor messages sent to students and associate faculty that have forwarding on.
In Outlook, open the email that you sent
- On the Message tab, click on Edit → Recall this message
- Choose from the following options and click OK:
- Delete unread copies of this message - It will delete the message if unread, or if read, the receiver gets another email that says "[ your name ] has recalled [ message name ]" If they double-click on the "Recall" email, it will delete the message.
- Delete unread copes and replace with a new message - if you select this option, a new window will open with your original message giving you a chance you correct the info and send again.
- Option - Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient - This is not recommended when recalling an email that was sent to a large number of recipients, as you will get one message for each recipient confirming if it worked or not.
- The Outlook application will now attempt to recall the message
If you selected the option to be told if it worked or not you will get a message saying whether it was successful or not: