How to grant administrative access to your survey to a group or individuals on the http://survey.royalroads.ca site.
In order to give a person or group access to a survey...
- The person needs to have logged into the site
- The group must have been created. Groups are created by Computer Services.
- You must know which site the survey is on that the person or group needs access to
- You must know the name of the survey
Adding a Person or Group to a Survey
- Log into the Survey LimeSurvey site using your RRU username/password
- Select the survey you want to grant permissions to
- Under ‘Survey Properties’, select ‘Survey Permissions’
- The user must have logged into the site before you can grant them permissions.
- Select the user from the drop down list. (If their name is not there, they have not yet logged into the site.)
- OR select the Group (see below for how to set up a group) if you are granting permissions to a group of people all at once.
- Select the permissions you want to grant them from the permissions panel.
- Be sure to ‘Save’ your changes.
Giving a Group permissions
Grant an entire group permissions to manage a survey:
- Have each member of the group log into Lime Survey
- Send a request to email@example.com to create a ‘group’
- Include the name of the Group
- Include a list of the users to be added to the group
- Be sure to request it to be created on http://survey.royalroads.ca
- Once the group has been created, you’ll be able to grant permissions to your survey by selecting the group from the drop down list just like adding an individual (see above).
Removing a person or group from a survey
Note: When a group is added to the survey, it actually adds the individual names. You must remove each name seperately from each survey you no longer want them to access.
- Log into the LimeSurvey site admin page (Survey)
- Choose the survey from the drop down list on the top right
- Select the Edit icon and chooseSurvey Permissions
- Click on the X icon to delete a person.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Repeat the steps for each name.