Traveling Outside Canada?
Using the Remote Desktop Connection … almost like being on campus!
You must have Remote Desktop Connection installed to be able to connect to Sentinel.
- If you don't have the software already, find the Microsoft Remote Desktop app in the Mac App Store.
- Clicking on the link it should bring you to the Mac App Store (if it asks you what app to open it with, choose the app store).
- Install the App as per the on screen instructions.
- Once installed, click on the Microsoft Remote Desktop icon in the Applications folder.
- Now press the Add PC button (plus sign).
- For PC name sentinel.royalroads.ca and press tab.
- For User Account : Ask when required.
- Friendly name : Royal Roads - Sentinel (optional).
- For Gateway leave as "No gateway"
- Make sure that Reconnect if the connection is dropped is deselected.
- When Prompted for User name enter your RRU account username as Instructional\yourusername (Ie Instructional\a3morris)
- For Password enter your RRU account password
- It should look like this:
If successful, the remote desktop connection should connect directly into Sentinel
Once you are on the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC), you have direct access to almost all that you would normally have access to while sitting at a computer on campus. For a complete list of resources available please see this article.
Please note: In order for you to print a document on your local printer, you will need to mail the document to yourself using a mail program to download the document to your local computer.