- Join the Collaborate room well in advance to ensure that you can connect and test out your audio and video. If there are issues with your technology refer to our technology troubleshooting guide or contact Blackboard support listed below.
- A headset is highly recommended to ensure a good experience participating in synchronous sessions with any software, including Collaborate. A headset will prevent audio feedback that is caused by audio from the speakers going into the microphone. A wired USB headset is recommended for most devices and can be purchased for as little as $20-25 at places like London Drugs, Best Buy, The Source, Walmart, etc.
- Use Google Chrome if available. Otherwise, we recommend Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Safari will work but does not support screen sharing. If you have issues, try Chrome.
- Operating systems supported are Windows 7+ and Mac OS 10.9+ (more details on system requirements).
Android: We recommend connecting with the Chrome browser on Android. After selecting the Join Session button
- Supported Browsers:
- Windows: Chrome, Edge (version 80+), Firefox (Note: will only display 2 videos)
- MacOS 10.14+: Safari, Chrome
- Android: Chrome. After selecting the Join Session button in the Collaborate activity in Moodle, select select Blackboard, and then select select Join from a browser. All features work except sharing your screen (others can share their screen with you though). Collaborate in Chrome on Android works well.
- iOS 12+ (iPhone/iPad): We recommend connecting with the Safari browser on iOS. After After selecting the Join Session button in the Collaborate activity in Moodle, select Blackboard, and then select Join from a browser. All features work except sharing your screen (others can share their screen with you though).
- Chrome is recommended on all platforms except for iOS.
- Screen sharing is not available if using Safari or if using a mobile platform (Android/iOS).
- Watch this three-minute video for an overview of what you'll want to know as a participant (we recommend watching the video full-screen):
Multimedia name Collaborate Ultra - Participant Overview.mp4 width 500