- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This Academic Account is automatically created, when you are registered into a program at RRU. It is a temporary account that you will use while you are a student at Royal Roads. It consists of a username (which is usually your first initial and your last name, but may contain a number in front of your last name). Example: jsmith or j1smith
(Your Academic account and password is completely independent from your permanent MyAdmin username and password which is for managing your contact information and other administrative tasks. Resetting one password does not reset the other.)
You will require this Academic Account in order to access:
- MyRRU for Students
- Program Community Groups - log in to MyRRU for Students
- Moodle Online Courses
- RRU computers on campus for printing and to access your personal files and folders
- Online Library Resources and, while on campus,
- Computers that have access to printers and the Internet
Once you are Registered as an RRU student, you will receive an email to Activate Your Computer Account, to the email address you provided upon registration. If you have not yet received such an email, please check the Junk Mail and/or SPAM folders in your email program first to ensure that it hasn't been improperly identified by your mail client.
If you cannot find your account activation information, please contact us.
I just activated my account but I still can't log into Moodle!
Please allow up to 45 minutes for you to get full access to ALL sites. If you continue to have difficulties 45 minutes after activating your account, please contact us.
How do I activate my RRU email account?
You don't need to do anything to activate your RRU email account. When your RRU Academic Account was created, your email account was created simultaneously. By default we have enabled forwarding, so all email sent to your RRU email account is automatically forwarded to your personal email account.
For more details on how email works at RRU, please check out this page.
What happens if I take a leave from my program?
On Leave: If you decide to go on leave, your RRU Academic Account will be disabled but continue to exist indefinitely. This means email will continue to forward, however you will be unable to use library resources, RRU student sites like Moodle, Webmail or MyRRU. Your Lifelong Learning (MyAdmin) account, however, functions as always.
Defer: If you ever decide to defer, your RRU Academic account will be disabled, but continue to exist for 30 days, after which it is deleted. This means email will continue to forward for 30 days, however you will be unable to use library resources, RRU student sites like Moodle, Webmail or MyRRU. Your RRU Academic account will be recreated before your return and it will have the same username and password as before. Your Lifelong Learning account, as always, will continue to functions as usual.
Whether on leave or deferred, you must contact the registrar to request your account be changed to active. Note that regardless of when you return, your account is not re-activated/re-created earlier then 60 days before your next course.
I have lost access to the library resources, Why?
Library access is tied to the end date of your courses.
If a student has 90 days between when their last course finishes and the next course starts, Library access is removed until 60 days before next course starts. Contact Computer Services to check in AD if the student has been added to rru.students.denyaccess
Library access is removed completely 30 days after your completion date, the end date of your final course. (This is not the same date that your degree will be conferred, therefore your library access may be removed prior to the conferred date or of the Convocation ceremony that you are eligible to attend).
What happens to my Academic Account when I graduate?
- 14 days after your degree has been conferred** your Academic Account will be disabled. If you have email forwarding enabled, email will continue to be forwarded.
- 44 days after your degree has been conferred** your Academic Account will be completely deleted. Any information you want to keep from Moodle should be compiled and saved before that time. (See Moodle Course Compile).
- 14 days after convocation days after your degree has been conferred** or 30 days after the end date of your final course or (whichever comes first) your library access is removed. Check out the Guide to RRU Library services for Alumni available here.
What happens to my Academic Account if I am not in a graduate program?
- Your library access expires on the card expire date in your goals.
- Two (2) weeks after the official completion date of your course, your RRU Academic Account will be disabled. If you have email forwarding enabled, your email will continue to be forwarded.
- Your Academic Account will be completely deleted 30 days after that. (ie. 44 days after the official completion date of your course) and your email account is closed/deleted.
- Please contact the Registrar to get these exact dates.
What if I've forgotten my password?
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password on our website.
How do I change my password?
You can change your password here.
**the date that your degree will be conferred will be provided to you upon completion of your program
|Content by Label|
Still need help?