You can access the RRU network remotely from anywhere off campus that has an internet connection using our Terminal Services via Sentinel (formerly Gabriel).
- In Windows, click on Start
- Select Programs
- Select Accessories
- Select the icon Remote Desktop Connection (On some older versions of Windows, the icon could be in a subdirectory of Accessories called "Communications")
- Enter Sentinel.royalroads.ca in the connection string and press Connect
- Please enter your RRU computer account username and password to log in. (You may be required to add Instructional\ before your username to properly connect)
Once you are on the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC), you have direct access to almost all that you would normally have access to while sitting at a computer on campus. For a complete list of resources available please see this article.
You can also add a link to your desktop for easy access:
- Follow the above steps 1-4
- Right-click on Remote Desktop Connection
- Select Send to Desktop
You can then use this quick desktop link to access Sentinel