Once a course is over and the instructor has finished grading, the instructor submits the grades to the grade approver. The grade approver (often a school director) reviews the grades. Once the grades are approved by the approver, students will be able to see them in MyAdmin.
- Final, approved grades must be submitted to Unit4 within 15 days of the end of the course.
- As the approver you will receive an email notification once the instructor has finalized grades for a course.
- You don't need to wait for the email to arrive - you may view the Grade Approval report any time to see all courses you are responsible for approving.
- Log in to Moodle
- In the nav drawer on the left at the bottom, click on Grade Approval.
- You should see the report below with the following sections:
- Graded - the course has been graded and submitted for your approval
- Pending - the course has reached end date but hasn't yet been graded. (Poke the instructor to finish grading ;)
- Denied - you've denied the grades and the instructor must re-submit them for approval
- Approved - these courses have final, approved grades submitted to Unit4
To approve grades:
- Click on the link to a course in the 'Graded' section. You should see this:
- Review the grades
- If you approve of them, click on 'Approve All'
- Then click the 'Save' button. This will bring up another button 'Send to Unit4'
- If you are satisfied with all the grades, click the 'Send to Unit4' button to submit them directly to the registrar's student system (Unit4).
Note: Approvers cannot change a grade, they can only accept or deny the given grades.
If you need to deny the grades,
- Click the 'Deny' button next to the student or students whose grades you want to deny. Alternatively, click on 'Deny All' to deny the entire course.
- Fill in the 'Comments regarding Denial' text box to send a note to the instructor explaining why the grades in question have been denied.
- Click 'Save'
- Click 'Send Denial'
- The instructor will receive an email with the denial and your note
- Once the instructor has made necessary changes, they will click the 'Re-submit' button triggering another email to let you know the grades are again ready for approval.
Note: If you deny even one student’s grade, no other grades for the course can be submitted until all grades are approved.
- Once you have approved all grades for a course and click the ‘Send to Unit4’ button, there is no going back.
- Once grades have been approved, they will automatically be exported to the student information system at about 8-8:30 am on the current or following week day (correct as of 2021-04-06).