Note: Instructors and Program Associates can create user overrides to give students more time to complete an assignment. In other words, this function allows you to give extensions in Moodle.
You may receive a faculty notification letter from Accessibility Services informing you that a student needs additional time to take a test due to a documented disability. Moodle allows you to easily tailor your quiz settings for one or more students. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Moodle quiz activity.
- From the main page of the quiz activity, select the gear icon at the top right, and select User overrides.
- Select the Add user override button.
- From the drop-down menu next to Override user, locate and select the student whose access to the quiz needs to be overridden.
- Enable and set the options to reflect the desired override/s. Only override the options that you need to override. For example, if a student requires more time for the quiz, enable the Time limit override and set it to the appropriate duration.
Content on this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.