- Right-click the Wireless Icon in the lower right corner of the screen, near the clock, and select Open Network & Internet Settings
- Select Wi-Fi from the left-hand column.
- Select Network and Sharing Center from the right-hand column.
- Select Set up a new connection or network in the middle.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network and click Next.
- Fill out the information as below shown and click Next:
- Click Change connection settings
- Click the Security tab, so you see this view:
- Click the Settings button
- Uncheck the Validate server certificate box and uncheck Enable Fast Reconnect, as shown:
- Click the Configure button to open the EAP MSCHAPV2 Properties dialog
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password box, then click OK
- Click OK to close the Protected EAP Properties dialog
- Click the Advanced settings to show the Advanced settings dialog box
- Select the 802.1x settings tab
- Select the box beside Specify authentication mode: and then select User authentication in the drop down box
- Click on the Save credentials button and enter your RRU Academic Account username followed by @royalroads.ca (ie. email@example.com), then enter your RRU Academic Account password and, then click OK
- Click OK to close the Advanced Settings dialog
- Click OK to close the eduroam Wireless Network Properties dialog
- Click Close
- Connect to the eduroam wireless network via the system tray icon
You're Done! You should now be successfully connected to the Eduroam wireless network, and should automatically connect anywhere it is available.