You can create quick desktop shortcuts to shutdown or restart your PC with this handy tip.
- Minimize all items on your screen and right-click an empty area of your desktop or folder where you wish to create the shortcut and select New --> Shortcut
- A Wizard will open and will ask you for the location of the item:
- Type shutdown -s -t 01 for a SHUTDOWN command and/or
- Type shutdown -r -t 01 for a RESTART command
- Hit Next and give your shortcut an appropriate name
- Click Finish
When you want to Shutdown/Restart, simply double-click on the new icon and the operation will start without warning.