Use this setup if you have your own laptop or computer at home and wish to receive your RRU e-mail using your Outlook program on your Mac computer.
Special note to students
By default access to this services is disabled for students. Please Contact Computer Services to activate this service.
Special Note to Staff and Students
Please note that shared mailbox are not available remotely through mail apps. To access a shared mailbox while off campus, please use Webmail (students/staff/faculty) or Sentinel (staff/faculty only) .
A few things to note before you proceed:
- You must have forwarding turned OFF to be able to see email on the server.
- Staff and Faculty will not see their Online Archive folder (not enabled for students)
You will need to know the following information:
- Your Academic Account Username (the username you use to log into Moodle)
- Your Academic Account Password (the password you use to log into Moodle)
- Your RRU Email Address
If you are not sure of this information, please contact Computer Services. During regular business hours, please contact Computer Services by phone otherwise, you can contact us by email or Online Request Form.
- Turn forwarding OFF
- Start Outlook 2016
- If the Microsoft Outlook start up wizard doesn't appear, on the Outlook toolbar, click the Tools --> Accounts
- Click on the + and choose Exchange to create a new account, or click on Exchange or Office 365 button
- In the Email Address box, enter your RRU email address
- The Method should be User Name and Password
- Enter your Academic Account username as Instructional\[username]
- Enter your Academic Account password
- Make sure there is a check mark beside Configure automatically
- Click Add Account
- Allow a few minutes for the configuration to work.
- You might see a window pop-up asking if you want to allow Outlook to user the confidential information stored in your keychain, click Always Allow
- You will see a summary of the information on that Accounts screen. Just close the window, you are done.
Please note that it might take a few minutes for all your email to appear.