Course compile allows you to compile specific parts of a course either to your screen or to a PDF file. You are able to pick and choose which parts of the course you’d like to compile.
Here are some examples of why you might want to use course compile:
- Combine every part of the course that lists assignment descriptions
- Print off a schedule
- Combine all readings into a single document
- View course materials offline
Use course compile when you’d like to consolidate resources from the course into a single file.
There are some potential downsides to using course compile that you should be aware of:
- This course compile represents a snapshot of the course components at the present, while the course is dynamic and may receive updates after the course compile.
- Activities and resources that have access restricted will not be included in the compile (e.g., a section may not be available until a certain time).
- All files, such as Word, PDF, or PowerPoint, will not be included in the compile.
- User generated data such as forum posts will not be included in the compile.
- As of 2016-09 course compile does not include section descriptions or lesson pages and possibly other course content.
Course Compile Steps:
- Navigate to the main course page of the course that you would like to do a course compile of.
- Click the gearicon
- Click on Compile in the Administration menu:
- Select the course components that you would like to have included in your course compile by ticking the boxes. Note that you can click Select: None at the top to start with all the boxes un-ticked if you'd only like to select a few items.
- Click either the Compile to Screen or the Compile to PDF button.