Topics Covered In This Article
- Requirements Before Finished Grading Button Will Appear
- Entering An INC (incomplete) or an EG (extension granted)
- Troubleshooting an INC or EG
- Submitting The Grades
Requirements Before Finished Grading Button Will Appear
- You need to click the Turn Editing On button.
- It must be after the end date of the course that appears in Agresso.
- All students must have a grade appearing in the Course Total column of the Moodle gradebook (or INC). Note that the box with a dotted line is a comment for the student to read and not the grade.
- If it's a multi-section course and you have access to more than one section, you'll need to select the section.
Entering An INC (incomplete) or an EG (extension granted)
INC and EG are entered into the Moodle gradebook the same way. Note that submitting EGs through Moodle is only supported in MAPC and MBA courses (except for major project courses) (correct as of 2019-08). If you would like to submit an EG in a course that does not support it, you'll need to submit an INC and contact the registrar's office to request the EG. An INC or EG may be entered into the gradebook for an assessment, which will automatically populate the course total with an INC or EG. An INC or EG only needs to be entered in for one gradebook assessment, and this will automatically populate the course total with an INC or EG.
To enter an INC or EG:
- Navigate to the gradebook by selecting Grades from the Nav drawer on the left
- Turn editing on by selecting the 'Turn editing on' button at the top right
- Enter INC or EG into the box with the solid line around it for an assessment.
- Note that INC or EG must be entered into an assessment in the gradebook and cannot be entered into the course total column.
- Select the Save changes button.
- Once you save the changes, INC or EG should appear in the Course total column for that student.
Troubleshooting an INC or EG
You have attempted to enter an INC or EG but are not seeing INC or EG in the course total column for the student. Solutions for common problems will be listed here.
- The course total has an orange background, this means that there is an override on the course total and this override must be removed for the INC or EG to function.
- Solution: To remove the override, select the gear, deselect 'Overridden', and select 'Save changes'. Re-save the gradebook page and INC or EG should appear in the course total column.
- Where you tried to enter an INC or EG you are seeing a 0.00. INC or EG must be entered through the gradebook (you cannot use assignment activity quick grading).
- Solution: Navigate to the gradebook, turn on editing, enter INC or EG for the appropriate assessment, and select the 'Save Changes' button. INC or EG should appear in the course total column.
- An EG turns into a zero when you save it. Assuming the EG was correctly entered into an assignment activity through the gradebook, this means that EG is not supported by this course. You'll need to submit an INC instead and contact the registrar's office to request an EG.
Submitting The Grades
Once all grades have been entered, click the Finished Grading button in the gradebook to submit the grades to your program's grade approver (often the program director).
If you need to make changes to the grades after submitting them to the grade approver and the approver has not yet approved them, you may contact the grade approver and ask that he or she deny the grades so that you can update the grades.
If the grades have been submitted to the grade approver and the grade approver has already approved the grades then any change requests must go to the registrar's office.