No one can log into the computer because they get the following error:
This problem usually happens on console computers but can also happen on staff computers as well. We believe it is related to the sheer number of accounts on the computer.
Removing the computer and re-adding it to the domain usually works. in the case of a console computer, it is advisable to have Media Tech remove replace the computer.
- Log on to the machine with the Local Admin account.
- Right click on “Computer”, select Properties
- Click on “Change Settings
- Click on “Change…”
- Click on Workgroup and name it whatever you like and click OK. (I named it X this time)
- Click OK to confirm the change
- Enter your user name and password. Click OK
- Click OK to confirm you joined the new workgroup
- Click OK to restart the computer
- After computer restarts - Right click on “Computer” and select Properties
- Again click on Change Settings
- Click Change again
- This time select Domain and type royalroads.ca
- Click OK and Restart