Note: Instructors and Program Associates can create user overrides to give students more time to complete an assignment. In other words, this function allows you to give extensions in Moodle.
You may receive a faculty notification letter from Accessibility Services informing you that a student needs additional time to take a test due to a documented disability. Moodle allows you to easily tailor your quiz settings for one or more students. Here's how:
- Navigate to the Moodle quiz activity.
- From the main page of the quiz activity, select the gear icon at the top right, and select User overrides.
- Select the Add user override button.
- From the drop-down menu next to Override user, locate and select the student whose access to the quiz needs to be overridden.
- Set the options to reflect the desired adjustments. For example, if the student requires more time for the test, indicate the new time limit. It is not necessary to set the remaining options on this page unless they need to be different than what was set in the test itself.
Content on this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.